Nkomazi Game Reserve
The Nkomazi Game Reserve provides sumptuous accommodation in the old-style Komati Tented Lodge. The 12 permanent safari style tents are intelligently situated to give guests an incredible view an optimum privacy. The tented suites offer an opulent colonial design combined with all the modern amenities one expects from a five star lodge.
Each tented suite is equipped with:
- King size bed
- En-suite bathroom and shower
- Outdoor bath
- Private plunge pool
- Viewing deck
Nkomazi is a paradise for nature lovers. Lion, white rhino, elephant and buffalo roam the plains along with many other species, while the Komati River is the tranquil lifeline of the reserve. The scenic mountain backdrop and the unpolluted night sky invite you to just lie back and enjoy the view, while the River Retreat offer beauty treatment and pampering right by the water.
- Go on a game drive in a modern vehicle with a knowledgeable guide.
- Explore the diverse flora including the Barberton daisy and proteas.
- Try your hand at fly-fishing in the Komati River.
- Embark on a nature walk with your competent ranger.
- Take a mountain bike ride into the pristine reserve.
- Marvel at ancient San rock art.
- Go on a birding safari and look for more than 250 species.
- Listen to your game ranger unveil the secrets of the stars of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Enjoy getting pampered in the River Retreat.
The facilities at Nkomazi Game Reserve include:
- Gift boutique
- Outdoor boma
- River Retreat spa
- Majilis Lounge Tent with a viewing deck
The reserve is in close proximity to Kruger National Park, Johannesburg and Swaziland.