South-west of the Kruger National Park
lays a land of wonder. The savannah plains surrounding the Komati River
and framed by ancient mountains are the perfect image of Africa. The Nkomazi Game Reserve
is not only home to a high density of game in malaria-free area, but has an abundance of San rock art, an incredible diversity of plant life, 250 bird species and the oldest and largest meteorite impact deposit on earth. Accommodation at the Komati Tented Lodge
is reminiscent of Out of Africa
’s style and luxury.
The Nkomazi Game Reserve provides sumptuous accommodation in the old-style Komati Tented Lodge. The 12 permanent safari style tents are intelligently situated to give guests an incredible view an optimum privacy. The tented suites offer an opulent colonial design combined with all the modern amenities one expects from a five star lodge.
Each tented suite is equipped with:
- King size bed
- En-suite bathroom and shower
- Outdoor bath
- Private plunge pool
- Viewing deck
Nkomazi is a paradise for nature lovers. Lion, white rhino, elephant and buffalo roam the plains along with many other species, while the Komati River is the tranquil lifeline of the reserve. The scenic mountain backdrop and the unpolluted night sky invite you to just lie back and enjoy the view, while the River Retreat offer beauty treatment and pampering right by the water.
- Go on a game drive in a modern vehicle with a knowledgeable guide.
- Explore the diverse flora including the Barberton daisy and proteas.
- Try your hand at fly-fishing in the Komati River.
- Embark on a nature walk with your competent ranger.
- Take a mountain bike ride into the pristine reserve.
- Marvel at ancient San rock art.
- Go on a birding safari and look for more than 250 species.
- Listen to your game ranger unveil the secrets of the stars of the Southern Hemisphere.
- Enjoy getting pampered in the River Retreat.
The Komati Tented Lodge
was created as a space to unwind and relax. The main camp offers wholesome cuisine and a viewing deck to relax during the day. The River Retreat
is a spa located on the banks of the river offering various relaxation and beauty treatments.
The facilities at Nkomazi Game Reserve include:
- Gift boutique
- Outdoor boma
- River Retreat spa
- Majilis Lounge Tent with a viewing deck
The Nkomazi Game Reserve
is located in a malaria-free area south-east of Kruger National Park
. The Komati River feeds a diversity of plants that in South Africa is second only to the Cape Fynbos. The deeply folded Makhonjwas Mountains
at a dramatic backdrop while abundant wildlife including lion, giraffe, elephant, rhino and many more.
The reserve is in close proximity to Kruger National Park, Johannesburg and Swaziland.