Ulusaba Cliff Lodge
Between two lodges Ulusaba offers 21 rooms and suites in the famous Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. The lodges are both designed to offer guests a unique retreat with a sense of adventure.
This luxury lodge is perched on the top of a rocky outcrop creating possibly the best views in the Greater Kruger Park. The views cover vast areas of lowveld and reach the Drakensberg Mountains in on the horizon. A combination of modern and traditional African decoration gives the ten rooms and suites their personality. Rock Lodge consists of one master suite, two Makwela Suites and a two bedroom rock suite. The rooms have all the standard amenities and the Master Suite and the Makwela Suites are facilitated with private plunge pools.
The Cliff Lodge is situated close to the Rock Lodge and offers guests the height of exclusivity. Two separate suites have a plunge pool and a Jacuzzi overlooking the lowveld. This lodge is ideal for exclusive use and has a private gym and a spa treatment room. Cliff Lodge can accommodate a maximum of five adults and four children.
The Ulusaba Safari Lodge is woven into tall trees on a dry riverbank. All the rooms are elevated and rope bridges between the rooms give this lodge a playful feel. Among the 11 rooms the Treehouse Suite is the highlight and is located 15 minutes from the main lodge. The Treehouse Suite overlooks the Xikwenga Dam and many of the rooms have private plunge pools.
The Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve is renowned for its abundance in big game. The Big 5 are only the beginning of a long list of mammals, reptiles and birds to be seen in the pristine bushveld. However, Ulusaba’s offerings do not stop at excellent game viewing:
- The 13 500 hectares can be discovered on morning and evening game drives.
- Specialized photographic safaris help you get the perfect shot of your favourite animal.
- Walking safaris allow you to discover the smaller things that are often overlooked and wildlife encounters are so much more impressive on foot.
- In the absence of artificial light the star gazing from the bush observatory is spectacular.
- The swimming pools offer cooling on hot African days.
- The wine cellar allows you to treat and stimulate your taste buds.
- Tennis courts and gyms are available for active guests.
- The Aroma Boma Spas offer everything from massages to facials.
- Give back to the community and help with the Pride ‘n Purpose Project.
The team of internationally renowned chefs at Ulusaba have taken influences from several African cultures and blended them into a memorable culinary experience. Dinners are served out in the bush, in the dining room or on the viewing deck.
Ulusaba also caters for children and loves organizing exclusive weddings under tall amarula trees.
Ulusaba’s facilities include:
- Tennis courts
- Aroma Boma Spas
- Swimming pools
- Wine cellar
- Bush observatory
- Wedding facilities
- Outdoor dining
Ulusaba can be reached with both Federal Air and Bateleur Air from Johannesburg. The flight from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Ulusaba’s private airstrip is 1hr 20min.